Public Library Online is a website where for free you can read full-text eBooks online from publishers such as Bloomsbury, Canongate and Arden. You do not need to download any software to your computer as the books are sited on the internet. This service can be used on a computer or some internet-enabled mobile phones.
How to access
1. Click on the Public Library Online link on the Library2go page.
2. Input your Library membership card number and click on Login
3. Book covers are arranged in bookshelves - to see further titles use the arrow on the right to scroll
4. To see a synopsis of the book double-click on the cover
5. To read the book, click on Read Online
How to navigate
1. Use the left-hand index along with the Next Page and Previous Page keys on the tool bar (on either side of the page count) to navigate through the book
2. The book will appear in single page layout – you can change it to double page by selecting the Double Page Layout button from the tool bar
3. Use the magnifying glass icons on the tool bar to increase or decrease the size of the font
4. To search the text click on the grey Search bar on the left-hand side. Click on one of the results to take you to the page it appears on. To close the Search facility and restore the menu click on View Inside at the bottom of screen
To view Public Library Online on a mobile phone it must have Flash 8.0 or above installed. Flash is not available for an iPhone. This service cannot be used on an iPad, eBook Reader or a Kindle.
For further help and assistance please contact:
Digital Information Team: 0131 242 8047
Return to Library2go