Digital help sessions
Would you like help getting started using the libraries' downloadable ebook, audiobook, newspaper or magazine services? We are running one-to-one digital help sessions on Tuesday afternoons in the Central Library. You must book in advance by emailing email@example.com with your name and phone number. We will phone you back to arrange a session time.
Covid-19 arrangements for this session
A few things will be different about this session in order to keep our staff and customers safe
- Booking is essential
- Please attend the session on your own if possible (if someone needs to come with you, they must be from the same household)
- You will be required to wear a mask throughout the session, unless exempt
- On arrival you will be requested to complete the Test & Protect process via the QR Code scan or on paper. The information you provide will be stored in accordance with GDPR requirements and to be disposed of after 21 days
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout Central Library including the location of the session
- You will be asked to remain 1m socially distant throughout the session
- While at the session please follow good hygiene practices (avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth. Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and dispose of it safely)
- Please do not attend the session if you display symptoms of coronavirus
- We are following guidance in line with the Scottish Government Covid-19 guidance - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/
By booking a help session, you agree that you have read and agree with the above guidance.
Get Online digital help
We hear so many stories about people having trouble getting online, staying safe online, shopping online or staying in touch with family and friends. Would you - or someone you know - benefit from free digital support from our team to stay connected during these difficult times?
These sessions are not running currently. Our team however can support you remotely via phone call, email, Skype or other online call. We can provide information and advice related to a breadth of digital tasks such as setting up a video call to chat with family and friends or how to shop online.
Family history - getting started
We can provide advice related to the library's free online family history resources to help you get started tracing your family tree.
These sessions are not running currently. Our team however can support you remotely via email or phone.