Naxos Jazz app
The app can be used on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch with iOS 8.0 and above. It allows you to search for music and stream it immediately and also to create playlists that you can return to at any time.
You can also download tracks and playlists to listen offline for 30 days.
Our subscription allows for a limited number of concurrent users. If we reach the maximum number you will receive a warning message advising you to try again later.
A. Create a Naxos Account
1. Create a login for the app by first accessing the website version (on a computer or mobile browser). Go to the Naxos Jazz website.
2. Enter your library card number
3. Select the Playlists option from the menu
4. Click on 'Sign up' and fill out the registration form. You'll get a validation email to confirm your account
B. Install the app
1. Search for Naxos in the Apple Appstore or Android PlayStore. Naxos Music Jazz will appear in the results. Click on the Get button
2. You may be prompted to enter your Apple ID on an Apple device
3. Once installed click Open
4. Login to the app using your Naxos account username and password
From the Library:
1. Login to library Wi-Fi
2. Install the app (see instructions above)
3. Click on the Connect with your Institution link on the homepage of the app
4. Fill out the registration form. You'll get a validation email to confirm your account
USING THE APP
1. The app will open at the Featured Additions section, where you can access recently added material
2. Menu options are at the bottom of the app, where you can Browse or Search content or access Playlists. Tapping on Home will return you to the Featured Additions area.
3. Search for music by tapping on the Search magnifying glass and typing a keyword, title, or artist name into the search box.
4. Tap on the title entry to launch the player. If you tap on a track title it will start playing. The pause/play button is available at the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap on the title cover picture at the bottom left of the screen to launch the play, pause, forward and back navigation buttons.
5. There is a 3 dot menu icon to the right of each track listing. Tap on this and you can download the track for listening offline, or add the track to a new or existing playlist.
6. Find your downloaded content in the Playlists area, under Offline Content. Downloaded content will be available offline for 30 days.
7. Playlists can be accessed by tapping on the Playlists option at the bottom of the screen. Your playlists will appear under the ‘Student Playlists’ folder. You can also download playlists for offline listening by tapping on the 3 dot menu option to the right of the playlist.
To log off, tap on the Others option from the bottom menu, then choose Logout. If you don’t do this, you may lock up a user space. As we have limited user licenses please log out properly to make sure that other users are able to access Naxos Jazz. You will automatically be logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity.
If you don't use the Naxos Japp app or login to your Playlist account via the website in a while, your access may be temporarily deactivated.
To reactivate your account, go to the Naxos Jazz website and login via the Playlists option with your email address and password.